Candida and histamine intolerance

Transformative Adventures Forums Adventurer’s Forum Health Adventures Candida and histamine intolerance

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Becks Hall
      Participant

I finally found a reason for my ongoing exhaustion and also increasing allergic reactions to everything.

I have to resolve it an there has been lots of research and planning and even a spreadsheet. It’s been challenging.

I briefly started the diet for 2 days, and felt so poorly, that I had to stop, back up and reassess (take feedback!)

I am only using diet and herbal supplementation to control this, and it’s going to put me out of action for a few weeks, but this is a critical zone 00 which needs addressing before I can really activate the rest.   But it’s amazing learning how yeast overgrowth can affect every system in your body so deeply, even hormones. But the Dr’s just hadn’t looked at the true root causes and if there isn’t a conclusive test, them it can’t exist. I am glad that because of this, I have increased my confidence in following my gut and methodically testing my theories.   Sometimes you have to just try something to see if it will help.

• #21070 Reply
      Jesse Sherer
      Participant

I know someone who has been dealing with histamine intolerance (mast cell activation) very acutely right now as part of post-covid syndrome. They had it to a certain extent all their lives, but the post-viral syndrome due to covid really pushed it to new heights. This is apparently very common right now for people who’ve had covid.

They’re managing it largely just through reducing histamine exposure. No processed or preserved (even canned) foods, everything has to be fresh and then either refrigerated for a few hours or frozen immediately and reheated. No high-histamine foods like certain fish (indeed any fish must be incredibly fresh), only small and occasional amounts of aged cheeses, etc.

Taking nettle pills helps a lot to stop the mast cell activation. This person can’t take antihistamines right now.

The other component which is addressing this is through Chinese and Tibetan medicine, though mostly TCM. From the TCM perspective this is caused by the Liver channel due to an imbalance in the chi. Balancing the Liver reduces the reactions. The Liver imbalances can manifest in very different ways, including headaches, tachycardia or heart palpitations, agitation, etc.

I hope you get some relief from what you’re trying. Your quality of life will be greatly improved if you can get everything back in harmony =]

• #21146 Reply
      Mike Hoag

Interesting discussion! This reminds me of our PDC discussions of how the Permaculture  flower starts with health as the first petal on the spiral. If health isn’t in place nothing else can happen. It makes me think our first “adventures” to prioritize need to be the ones that support our health, like herb spirals, greens gardens, healthy mind, and a basic set of healthy habits.

• #21297 Reply
      Becks Hall
      Participant

health is absolutely critical.  So far it’s going well, I found out quite a lot about the things which converged into my system becoming overwhelmed.  I can say I am now feeling the benefits. I am not totally free yet and its been a balancing process. I have had a lot of health issues, despite turning out great health check up results!

I was trying to combine the candida diet and the histamine diet, but I was on such a very restricted diet, that was making me feel quite poorly.  I am having to prioritse the histamine, and have found some great herbal treatments to support my body.  I am hoping that being on a relatively low carb diet, avoiding my histamine triggers, and just giving my body time to rebalance will sort it all out.  Hopefully!   I think my body wants me to have more home grown food!

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Candida and histamine intolerance

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: